Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Brain Dump

This is where I just quickly touch on random things that I won't waste an entire entry on...
  • Did anyone catch this tackle on the US's Jose Francisco Torres? Guys, watch at your own risk
  • It's been almost 5 days since Jimmy Clausen was drafted by Carolina and I still am fuming. Will this be the classic situation where I conveniently forget my hatred for him after two playoffs births in three years? Man, I hope not. Lost in the story was that the Panthers picked another QB - Tony Pike from Cincy late in the draft. He honestly needs to get a look if the incumbent Matt Moore (who I really like) slips up
  • Talk around here is about how well the Seahawks did on draft day. I couldn't agree more - they got two quality players in the first round and in trading for LenDale and Washington they got better talent than what was available in the later rounds. I still worry about Carroll in the professional ranks, and apparently so does Andrew Perloff from SI.com who has Seattle with the first pick in next years draft
  • Even after last nights blowout, you have to sense that Oklahoma City will be the real deal in the next few years. There is no way a defending champ should lose both road games in a series against a team who has 0 playoff experience
  • Best series no one is watching? Atlanta-Milwaukee. Very very impressed by the Bucks home crowd
  • Mets now won 6 in a row and 8 of 9. Here's some advice for all you non-Mets fans out there - this is the perfect time to ask any Mets fan for a favor. Even the most reserved of us are giddy right now. That being said, while it is really early I think the Philly series this weekend can give a glimpse into what type of team we might be. I'm not saying it will determine the race, but I think the series is way more important to our psyche than theirs
  • Speaking of Philly, raise your hand if you think their 5 year contract with Ryan Howard is a bad one.
  • The most important game of the day is easily the Champions League Semi-final's second leg. Down 3-1 in aggregate, I really do expect Barcelona to bounce back. A 2-0 victory will send them through and I don't think Inter stands a chance at Nou Camp.
  • Finally, a shout out to SportsNation for being one of my favorite new shows. I'm a big Beadle fan
That's all I got for now. Hoping to be back later with an entry on my favorite sideline reporter and dancing star, Erin Andrews.

1 comment:

  1. A comment on my own entry above - Peter Schrager from Foxsports.com has the Seahwaks selecting 14th overall, so obviously things aren't entirely bad as Perloff thinks...Wheres Mel and Todd to weigh in on this?

    ReplyDelete