Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rave Green Looks Normal

I did't mean to post again on the first day on the job, but I couldn't pass up linking to the new Sounders 3rd kits.

I honestly don't know what to think - it's hard to tell how obnoxious they are over the web, but I have to agree with all the other members of Sounders Nation - where are the white kits? Barcelona can pull off the salmon colored jerseys, but we're not Barca. Not even close.

I can't wait to hear what all the Seattle soccer bashers have to say (the same guys who bought those hideous Seahawks alternates this year)

3 comments:

  1. Maybe we can play night games in the dark:

    http://www.glowproducts.com/lightupoutdoorfun/sportsballsoccer/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to the M's game Wednesday night, saw the new kits in the storefront as we walked past Qwest. I'd been hoping they'd look better in person. They don't. The color yellow looks like it's best suited for the reflectorized vests the DOT wears. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A guy on my outdoor team wore one to our game the other day. I was temporarily blinded.

    The good thing about the new unis? You get to hear gems like this from Fredy Montero..."I think we are trying to save Qwest some money on the lighting bill." Oh Fredy, who knew you had a sense of humor...

    ReplyDelete