Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Why a blog?

For a ten year period between high school and grad school I had a forum to express my opinions on sports. In college it was as a columnist for The Bucknellian. After college it was on my failed websites Page 6 and Page 86. For the past 4 years however there has been nothing. I have been feeling the urge recently and figured it was time I give it a go again.

I don't know where this blog is going to go or how often I post or even how long it will be around, but for now I can say I am very excited. I have no particular theme in mind, but do plan on writing a lot about the Mets, Sounders and Devils. I also plan on discussing the Nets, BU and UW hoops, Seattle sports fans and pop culture. I would also like for this blog to be interactive - ideally I would love for some of my friends to be able to use this as their forum too. To all those jilted Sonics fans and depressed Knicks that I know - this can be your home too.

So um...big gulps, huh? Welp, see ya later

3 comments:

  1. Why do you consider Page 6 and 86 failures? What, in your mind, makes a successful blog site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what makes a blog success, but in my mind Page 6 and 86 were disappointments because they ended not because of a lack of ideas but because we weren't good enough with the programming side to keep things going. To me, that is a disappointment. Maybe failure is a bad word, but I (we) failed our 5+ readers as they no longer had something to distract them from their daily work

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only reason I would consider those blogs failures is because there werent enough pictures of Chris with a moustache. Also, Julie Dierker represented 20% of your clientel.

    ReplyDelete