Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Rulers of the Patriot League

On my way to Ottawa today I saw a guy at the airport with a Bucknell tshirt on. This never happens - I can count on one hand how many BU shirts I have seen on strangers over the years.

Seeing it made me think about my days there and about how we dominate the Patriot League every year in athletics. Don't believe me? It's the truth. Here is a link to prove it.

For those who would rather read what I have to say than to read the official press release let me sum it up like this. The PL gives out a corny Presidents Trophy every year that celebrates the best overall athletic department in the league. Every varsity sport is considered. in 20 years BU has won the award 16 times! This year we set a school record with 9 League champions across all sports.

In the past I have been a bit skeptical because we have the most amount of varsity sports - 23, a number of which only Lehigh and Holy Cross can match. In years past, on a per-sports basis, it was always closer than on the aggregate. However this year we really kicked ass, finishing 15 points ahead of Navy and winning not only the women's trophy for the 16th time but the men's trophy for the 7th time.

Simply put, we kick ass. It's probably a stupid award to be proud of, but I don't care. Suck it Lehigh. Suck it Holy Cross. Respect to Army and Navy. But suck it Lafayette, Colgate and American.

No comments:

Post a Comment