Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Future is Bright...

...well, at least the post game press conferences should be. ESPN is reporting that the Nets have come to an agreement with Avery Johnson to be their next coach. I won't lie - I don't know why Johnson was run out of Dallas, but I do know he had a crap-ton of coaches while he was there and I do know that I will enjoy listening to him talk.

Some may get annoyed by that voice (hell, I might by game #65), but it's fun to mock. And with a team coming off a 12-70 season (with apparently no chance of landing LeBron), we will need something to keep us coming back. Enter Avery Johnson. Great stuff, now hopefully it will work on the court.

It should be noted that Avery coached Devin Harris during his days in Dallas and was said to be really close with the PG prior to the Jason Kidd trade. Some rumors was leaked that Harris felt betrayed by Johnson after the trade even though Devin has publicly said he has no hard feelings. I'm hoping this is past them and they can work well together. We need 2008-09 Harris back at full strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment