Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What's Right with Wright?

A few weeks ago I wondered aloud what was wrong with David Wright. At the time, he was on pace for 210+ strikeouts and was hitting around .260. Fast forward a few weeks and we see that David Wright is now leading the league in RBI with 52 through 65 games. He continues to confuse me - one day I'm upset at his lack of plate discipline and the next day he drives in runs and I hail him as my boy. It's a never ending battle.

Wright is in one of his hot streaks right now which will undoubtedly will come to and end soon. In a way, he is a microcosm of the Mets overall. They win 9 in a row then lose 5 of 6. When things are going bad, they are infuriating. When they are winning, things are really good. That is an obvious statement. Of course it's fun to win. But as I said recently though, this team is more fun than ones past so when we win, it feels really really good.

So let's keep it up. Let's Go Mets go.

No comments:

Post a Comment