Sunday, September 19, 2010

Instant (Over)Reaction: Columbus

Saturday's 4-0 win over Columbus was an amazing performance by the boys. Unfortunately I can't give it a proper review as I only saw the last half hour. You see, The Wife and I actually had a date during the first half and were shocked when we got the texts from J-Will telling of Nkufo's feats. We quickly left and were able to catch the second half at Belltown Billiards before going to the M's game.

I have since seen the highlights and have only one comment:
  • To all you Nkufo haters, please sit down and shut up for awhile. I know he played bad at the beginning of his tenure here. I know three goals in one game may not make up for his past performance, but please, stop with the "Nkufo, you suck" cries. The guy obviously doesn't suck - I ask you how many other players in the league could have scored goals 2 and 3? Maybe 3 others? Obviously he needs to carry over his form to the next games. That is a fact. But for now, please sit down and stop calling for Nate Jaqua (and I'm not knocking Nate. I happen to like him...but he doesn't have the pedigree of Mr Nkufo)
Ok, so I can't just stop at one comment. Here are two more - Nathan Sturgis' PK was wonderfully struck. Good to see someone with poise up there. And finally, we're at 36 points with 5 games left. All are against teams below us in the standings. They are not going to be easy, but if we consider ourselves a title contender then we need to get results. Three wins should be plenty, especially if one comes against Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment