Saturday, November 13, 2010

BU-Nova Review

Thanks to the good folks are ESPN3.com, I was able to watch the first half of Bucknell-Villanova last night. When I turned the game on, the Bison were leading 8-5. Then the proceeded to go 0-4 with 2 turnovers on the next six possessions. It was a sign of things to come.

Overall in the first half, the Bison shot 6-25 (2-11 from 3 point range) and were outrebounded 20-12. At first I was not worried because they simply were missing wide open shots. I felt like they were creating good oppportunities and that shots had to start falling at some point. BUt then around the 5 minute mark, things got ugly. They couldn't get a shot off inside the arc. They turned the ball over. They were rattled. Luckily Nova only shot 9-25 from the field and led 28-16 at half. Not a death knell for most teams, but for BU at Nova, you knew the game was over. I didn't get to watch the second half, but the Bison hung in there and ended up losing by 16. Considering some of the other scores from around the country last night, that was not bad at all.

It was hard to tell the good out of all the bad, but Daryl Shazier is definitely the real deal. He was not intimidated by the venue. Bryson Johnson also seemed to have potential. What I missed was the inside play of Joe Willman and Miek Muscala - it simply wasn't there. Maybe it came around in the second half, but the first half they were silent. Hell, they never even touched the ball.

I'm not sure how many more games I will get to see, but I was happy I saw opening night. 'Ray Bucknell.

**********************

On a side note, I did get to watch the 4th quarter of OKC-Portland last night and I loved it. Really two fun teams to watch. In the end the Thunder pulled out the victory at home. I haven't seem many of their games, but I think I can now proclaim that I saw the future of the league. Westbrook and Durant have only started - they are going to win multiple titles. I have no question about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment