Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I am beginning to hate new-old-retired-retread Devils' coach Jacques Lemaire more than Henrik Tallinder

Here was the starting lineup for our New Jersey Devils in tonight's game against the Wild of Minnesota:

Forwards: Rod Pelley-Tim Sestito-David Clarkson.
Defensemen: Colin White-Henrik Tallinder.
Goaltender: Johan Hedberg.

Seriously? And Mattias Tedenby, the team's best young player (fast as hell with some ridiculous moves), was a healthy scratch. I don't even have any jokes. Not even any Ranger-bashing. I'm just perplexed, which will soon give way to frustration and anger.

This is an example of saying one thing and doing another. Lemaire, et al. say they want to win and try to turn things around, but they have a funny way of accomplishing it. And even if they were trying to tank it, which I don't think pride would ever allow them to do (this isn't the NBA), they're not even trying to hide it. We can see through the bullshit and, as a fan, at least pretend that you care. Do it for me, the guy who has had to rely on shitty webstreams and radio broadcasts and gamecasts for the last decade because I lived somewhere else. The guy who still tried to go to games whenever I was in town. The guy who bought jerseys and hats. The guy who finally moved back to the area after 12 years only to have the excitement of seeing his team on a regular basis beat down by a terrible team.

Just like Rob, I can take a rebuilding year as long as there is a plan, but don't be disrespectful about it. Try, goddamnit. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment