Saturday, February 26, 2011

Devils Reality Check

You see, this is the problem with putting all your hope into what the Devils are trying to pull off. They put themselves in such a huge hole that they needed to be nearly perfect in order to get out of it. I have given the facts numerous times on JerseySounder - even though we were 16-1-2 in the previous 19, we still needed to go 16-6 in their last 22 to get to 88 points.

Against all odds, the Devils kept on winning and somehow made me think it was possible. I didn't want to believe that they could do it, but I did. And then it happened - the Lightning shut down the Devils offense and won 2-1. It was only one loss - normally not enough to cause panic, but again, when you have to be nearly perfect, one loss can hurt. Couple that with the fact that Carolina, Florida and Buffalo all won and it was enough to put a dent in my hopes. It was probably the reality check that I needed, I just wish it hasn't come so soon after I went all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment