Thursday, March 10, 2011

24 hours away...

...The Patriot League Championship Game is less than 24 hours away. My boys, the Bucknell Bison take on the Lafayette Leopards for a birth in the NCAA Tournament. We have not faced the Leopards in the PL Final since I was in school -the days of the hated trio of Brian Ehlers, Tyson Whitfield and Tim Bieg and I am still smarting over it. Not only do I want the Bison to go back to where they belong, but I want them to beat the Leopards to get there. I hate Lafayette.

Now, don't be fooled - we are the better team. No one but residents of Easton want the Leopards in the tournament...I mean, come on...they're 13-18 on the year. They don't belong.

The deck is stacked - they have to beat a team that finished 13-1 in conference and they have to do so at Sojka Pavilion, where BU is 13-1 on the season. Man, we need to win. We need to beat Lafayette. There is no reason why we should lose. I don't want to write a post tomorrow night about how Championship Games suck...I don't want the NIT. I want the NCAA Tournament. Come on, Bison....Let's get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment