Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hate the Rangers

A season of unexpected twists and turns is almost at an end. The Devils are not making the playoffs for the first time since 1996. On the second to last day of the season they had the opportunity to put a little misery on the Rangers - all they needed was to beat NY at MSG and hope that Carolina beat Tampa Bay. The Bluseshirts would then be joining the Devils on the outside looking in. It wouldn't replace the feeling of not making the playoffs, but damn it would have been a nice consolation prize. Well, Ilya Kovalchuk scored two goals in the first and the Devs led 2-1 with 40 minutes left. Then the shit hit the fan. John Tortorella must have really had an amazing intermission speech...the Rangers came out and scored 4 goals and won 5-2.

It was a fitting way to end the regular season of ups and downs. I won't be watching any playoff hockey unless the Flyers and Rangers both lose. I can handle nontraditional markets like Carolina or Tampa Bay. I can handle those stupid Penguins. But come on, in a crappy season there is no way Philly or New York can win. I mean it can't happen, right? Right? Ugggh. I hate the Rangers.

2 comments:

  1. ok, I take back one of my above statements. I actually will watch the Canucks-Hawks series and I will be openly rooting for the Kings against the Sharks. The Boston-Montreal series should be a good one too. Otherwise there will be no other Eastern quarterfinal on in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No playoffs, no Lemaire next year - they better sign Parise and give him the C.

    I was at the last home game and it was truly amazing to see close to 2,000 Nordiques fans rooting for the Devils. Some times they were more vocal than the Devils fans. The few I spoke to were wonderful. I hope they get a team (preferably the Rangers or Flyers).

    Donna

    ReplyDelete