Wednesday, April 20, 2011

One Year Anniversary

Today is the one year anniversary of JerseySounder. I want to start off by thanking everyone who has ever read or commented on what I have written. I started the blog because I had something to say. I didn't know exactly where it would take me, but I had these grand ideas that people not only would want to read what I had to say, but that this could be a community to express their thoughts and feelings. I had hoped to make it to a year, but I honestly didn't know if I would last even a few months.

So here we are, 12 months later. Readership is not exactly what I had envisioned, but at the same time, it's not as bad as it could be. I have fought often as to whether I want to continue. I mean, if only a few people consistently read, is it worth it? The answer: Of course it is. The fact is that JS is a huge part of my life. Every night after The Incident goes to bed, I work out, blog and then go to bed. There are so many things I could be doing with the only free hour of my day and yet I write. I'm not sure what it is, but I just enjoy doing this.

So once again, thanks to all my readers. Thanks to the guys I hear from the most - Irish Mike, J-Will, The C'rappy One and D-Lib. I hope you guys continue reading and letting me know when you think I'm an idiot. And major thanks to The Crappy One for adding some amazing Devils content to the site. More than anything I am happy that I get to read about my favorite hockey team in ways that other sites simply can't provide.

So where to now? Well, one year ago I was writing on the possibility of the Mets promoting Ike Davis. I said that I wanted him to be brought up only if he was ready; that if he was brought up early and didn't have the moxie to succeed in NY then we would be ruining him. Of course it was a catch-22 since we would never know if he was ready if he wasn't brought up. Fast forward one year and Ike is now one of the foundation's of this team. I don't think I was necessarily wrong. I just had been burned too many times before and I was speaking from my heart. That is what I will continue to do.

I know that no other single person likes the teams I support. I know that Irish Mike, D-Lib and J-Will don't care about the Mets or Devils. I know The Crappy One or my BU boys don't care about the Sounders or soccer. But I do know that they all care about sports. And I know that you all feel the same way when your teams losing in a heartbreaking fashion.

So I'm gonna keep on going until it gets old. Hopefully you keep on reading. As always, let me know if their is anything you would like to see done differently.

Before I go, here is my Year 1 Man Crush List.
1. Osvaldo Alonso
2. David Wright
3. Clint Dempsey
4. Mike Muscala
5. RA Dickey

Others in contention are Ike Davis, Fredy Montero, Zach Parise, Ilya Kovalchuk, Brook Lopez and Blake Griffin.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, I'll buy you a cake.

    Maybe after my move, I'll start watching the Mets. Cause those 10:05pm starts are going to hurt if I can find the Mariners on the East Coast. Why not root for another cellar dweller. On the plus side, neither team is currently run by the league.

    -JWill

    ReplyDelete