Friday, April 8, 2011

Three Crazy Goals

Continuing my I Love Soccer theme, I wanted to pass along the following three links, each which show an unusual goal.

1. Dejan Stankovic of Inter Milan blasts a volley from midfield in the opening minute against Schalke. The goal is spectacular (I would go as far as to say one of the best five I have ever seen) and it occurs in the UEFA Champions league Quarterfinals, which makes it even more impressive.

2. Some dude named Joonas Jokinen scored a PK that would earn him a spikes-up tackle if he ever did this to my team.

3. Eric Hassli of Vancouver scores on a PK and then is immediately sent off. Why? Well, he forgot that taking off your shirt after scoring a goal is an automatic yellow card - and he was already sitting on a yellow from earlier in the match. He claims he didn't know it was a rule even though a teammate was carded for the same offense earlier in the season. My take - one of the stupidest rules in sports, but a rule none the less. He is getting paid DP money and needs to stay on the field. He has to know the rules. It was simply a stupid decision on his part (also, why wear two jerseys if this wasn't planned?). Oh, did I mention Vancouver already was down to 10 men?

No comments:

Post a Comment