Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My New Favorite Athlete

Not only has he been lights out for my fantasy team, but read Jared Weaver's recent quotes about the contract extension he signed with the Angels:

"If $85 (million) is not enough to take care of my family and other generations of families then I'm pretty stupid, but how much money do you really need in life? I've never played this game for the money. I played it for the love and the competitive part of it. It just so happens that baseball's going to be taking care of me for the rest of my life."

Weaver went against the advice of super-agent Scott Boras. He said "Obviously, he [Boras] wants to give you the best options and free agency can give you the best options. He would have liked to have seen me gone, but I told him I wanted to get something done and he was more than willing to work with me about it that way."

Finally, someone said what I have been waiting to hear for years: you know, I get paid a lot of money to play the game I love.

Thank you, Jared Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment