Friday, November 4, 2011

I Have a Gut Feeling...

... that Jose Reyes is playing his home games someplace other than Flushing, NY next year. I have no inside information on the situation. In fact, the only knowledge I have comes from Matt Cerrone and metsblog.com. The guys seem to think it is a toss-up that he comes back. I just have this feeling though that Sandy offers him a fiscally financial deal but that Reyes will want more. I also think Reyes does care about the direction the ballclub is going in and I don't think he will want to wait for 3 years to be competitive again. Call it a hunch, but I just don't think he will be back.

... that Marty Brodeur won't be with the Devils at the end of the year. I think instead of trading Zach Parise, Lou drops the bomb and trades Brodeur to a team that is in need of some veteran netminding. I just have this feeling that the Devils are ready to move on without Brodeur and instead of allowing there to be a messy, drawn out battle, they cut their ties with him before he is a free agent.

... that Manchester City won't win the EPL this year. Sure they look good now, but only 3 of their players have ever won a league crown. I think they crack under the pressure and United wins the league.

... I have a gut feeling that David Beckham's future will be decided in the next few weeks. If the Galaxy win the title, I think he bolts for Paris Saint-Germaine. I think if the galaxy come up short there is a good chance he is back for one more run. I think winning a title in MLS is important to him.

... that Kim Kardashian's wedding was a hoax all along. Ok...that's not a shocker.

... that David Wright will be with the Mets on opening day in 2012, but I think he will eventually be traded. I get the sense that Sandy is not married to anyone on this team and will certainly explore all trades. Wright will be their best asset moving forward.

... that Marcus Hahnemann will not be with the Sounders next year. If you has asked me a month ago, I would have told you the odds were 100% that he was in rave green. All the signs were pointing towards it. He not only has said that he would love to play in Seattle, but he signed a half season contract to remain in England and stay in shape. His contract is up during the transfer window, right in time for the MLS season. It seems to perfect. And that is why I think it doesn't happen. In order to go to Seattle they will need to move up in the priority list and I just don't think other teams will let them do that without giving an arm and a leg. Instead, I think the Sounders either stay inside MLS to acquire a veteran keeper (Jon Busch, Josh Saunders, etc) or they go the obscure European route and sign someone like the Austrian dude who was linked to the club in the past. I don't know, it's just a gut feeling.

... that the NBA will cancel the 2011-2012 season. I know that it's sounding like the owners are split, but ultimately I think money and stubborness rules out and neither side will be willing to budge.

... that Alabama gets the job done against LSU this weekend. I don't know what it is, but I still don't feel like the Tigers are as good as they seem. yes they have been uber impressive, but I don't think Les Miles can handle Nick Saban.

... that UW loses by at least 20 to Oregon this weekend.

... that Reyes signs with Washington. I think Prince Fielder and Roy Oswalt join him there. I think Washington becomes a new super power.


This wasn't meant to be a prediction column, but sometimes your gut just tells ya something (like, hey! stop eating all those peanut butter cups)....

No comments:

Post a Comment