Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Let's Give Thanks

Life is good. There is a s-ton of stuff to be thankful...so much so that I couldn't even begin to list them. So instead, I want to take a few moments to state what I am thankful for in the world of sports.

I am thankful...

...for the Mets always keeping me humble
...that Mets fans have something to hopeful for with Ike Davis, Jon Niese, Lucas Duda and Bobby Parnell
...that Mets fans have even more to be hopeful for with their plethora of minor league pitchers
...for Wally Backman being a part of the Mets organization
...that I am not a Yankees fan
...that even though their 15 year playoff streak ended last year, the Devils have won 3 Stanley Cups since the Rangers last did
...that I got to witness the entire career of the greatest goalie ever
...for the 2004-05 Bucknell season (still)
...for Mike Muscala as he leads the Bison to another league title
...that I am part of the best soccer fanbase in the country
...that I get to watch every Sounders game from the comfort of row W with The Wife
...for Ozzie Alonso, Mauro Rosales, Fredy Montero, Roger Levesque and the rest of the Sounders
...that the Sounders have found a role for Taylor Graham even though he doesn't actually play
...for Steve Zakuani's recovery and subsequent return in 2012
...that I only have to look at the sports bra Sounders jerseys for one more year
...for the plethora of Sounders blogs for me to read all day long
...that Jon Brockman still remains an integral part of my basketball memories
...that Tim Tebow is in the NFL even though I don't like the guy
...that I still love watching WWE (and that I am not afraid to admit it)
...for the upcoming Peyton Manning vs Andrew Luck debate
...that college hoops have a legitimate way to crown a champion
...for the glutten of bowl games during the week after Christmas)
...Rivalry Week (Go Huskies, Go Dawgs)
...for Clint Dempsey and Tim Howard
...for NFL RedZone, Fox Soccer Channel and the NHL Network
...for soccer with my daughter
...NFL on Thanksgiving

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. Spend the entire day eating, laughing with your family and remembering all that their is to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment