Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Miracle in Sight?

If you read all the Sounders blogs or listen to Sigi and the boys, you might actually be starting to think that the rave green have a chance tomorrow night. The odds seem insurrmountable given how poorly we played on Saturday. We have had our backs to the wall before, but this is a little different. We didn't show up on Saturday. We were dominated. We not only have to get a win, but it has to be by 3 goals. RSL knows that we will be desperate and they can sit back and defend with all 11 guys. We have problems breaking down teams that bunker in and I can't see how this will be any different. We are in a bad, bad situation.

And yet, I am allowing myself to be slightly talked into thinking it possible. I mean, why the hell not? We have won 6-2 and 4-0 at home already this year. We are the highest scoring team in the league (including 15 goals in the final 15 minutes of games). We have faced adversity before and have overcome it. Why the hell not now? I know the odds are against us, but wouldn't this make for an amazing final chapter of Kasey Keller's career? Doesn't the team owe him one? Can't we only be better than we were on Saturday night? Is it possible that Ozzie has another terrible night? My head tells me we are out of it, but my heart tells me a miracle could happen. I simply don't know what to think.

What I do know is this - I will spend all day at work thinking about the match. I will be nervous. I will have all the emotions that accompany gameday. Tomorrow night I will hold my scarf high. I will lose my voice in support of this team. I will try to help this team to victory. And if we don't win, I will leave the stadium proud of this team and this season. It has been an amazing ride so far - it either ends tomorrow or miraculously continues on for another week. Here's hoping for the latter.

Come on You Sounders!

1 comment:

  1. While there's time on the clock and there's not a rotund lady belting out a few tunes, we are still in this tie. We do owe it to Kasey to go all out to salvage our season and we are still in it, despite being in a huge hole.

    I guess if we don't score by half time, we have a serious problem, but get a goal in early and we are in there with a shot, RSL will second guess themselves (a 2 goal lead is the most dangerous one in football they say).

    Keep the hopes up, RSL have to earn their win!

    Goooooooooooooo Sounders!

    ReplyDelete