Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Night Five-Pack

Here are a few topics for your late night reading
  • It is absolutely ridiculous that Philly gets an additional 3 home games compared to everyone else in the league. I'm sorry that Toronto feels it is unable to host the games with G-8 in town, but it is an effing joke to play the games in Philly. If you can't host the games, they need to be someplace neutral. If we finish a game behind the Phillies, a shit-ton of people better lose their jobs
  • When I was younger, I thought the NBA Draft Lottery was a cool thing. After having suffered through a 12-70 season, I can say without a doubt that I hate it. There is no way the Nets were throwing any games to get the top pick. They were just bad and deserved to get John Wall. Instead, he goes to a franchise that signed Gilbert Arenas to a ridiculous contract and picked Kwame Brown 1st overall a decade ago.
  • Tomorrow is a big day - my daughter's first birthday and USA-Ghana. I don't know what to think of the game. I'm not sure whether we are going to win or lose. The sad part is that I won't be able to wear my Ghana jersey anyttime soon. They were the African team I have been supporting, but as soon as they lost to Germany, they were Public Enemy #1
  • Another no-hitter was pitched tonight by someone not in a Mets uniform. The craziest part of Edwin Jackson's no-hitter was that he walked 8, hit 1 and through 149 pitches. Let's hope the pitch count won't come back to haunt him. I would be normally killing the manager for the decision, but Arizona is going no where this year, so why not keep him in
  • I think that Christiano Ronaldo has the same effect on men as Kim Kardashian has on women. If they were to somehow date, they would be the most hated couple of all-time.
Let's Go Mets Go

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it is totally not fair that the Phillies get 3 extra home games. So now they get 3 extra home games and the mets play 6 games vs the Yankees instead of 3 like every other NL east team. Doesnt really seem fair.

    On a side note, Santanna is totally not the same pitcher he was a couple years ago. He is getting lit up by the Twins. Right now, he is easily the worst performing pitcher on the Staff. That is unacceptable for a guy making $25MM per year.

    Congrats on Abby's bday. The guys will be lining up before you know it.

    ReplyDelete