Monday, June 7, 2010

The Phenom has Arrived

I am not a Nationals fan. In fact I support a team in their division. But that won't stop me from being excited about Stephen Strasburg's major league debut. I don't think there has been an athlete who has been as hyped as Strasburg since LeBron; baseball hasn't had someone billed as a phenom since Mark Prior.

So will Strasburg be the next LBJ and be the best player on the planet or will he be the next Prior and be out of baseball by the age of 26? Talk to any scout and they will say he's the real thing; the best pitching prospect they have ever seen. So far he has plowed through the minors : 7-2, 1.80 ERA, 65k in 55 1/3 IP and a 0.80 WHIP. Will he dominate the majors?

I don't know, but I sure as hell hope so. Baseball needs a shot in the arm and this could be it. Get ready, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment