Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Jimmy V Lives On

If you have 11 minutes to spare, please watch Jimmy Valvano's speech at the 1993 ESPY's. I was only 13 at the time, but I specifically remember being moved when I watched it live. Something about it just got to me. Still, 17 years later, his speech chokes me up.

Every year during the Jimmy V Classic, ESPN shows the clip in between its doubleheader. I was fortunate enough to turn on the Kansas-Memphis with 2 minutes left tonight. My daughter was in the room with me and I got a little emotional. I'm not sure how many of you may have seen this before, so I wanted to share. All I do is ask you to watch. If you want to learn more, check out www.jimmyv.org, www.cancer.org or any of the other great organizations that are fighting to help eliminate cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment