Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bay's Injury Hurts..

...I have the kid right next to me so I have to keep this short for now. I just wanted to take 5 minutes to say that Jason Bay's injury is a definite punch in the gut. I know, I know...the Mets aren't going to be any good, but some reason I talked myself into being excited about them. I mean, if you look at our lineup, it's pretty good on paper. (well of course only if we are healthy). The pitching staff is a bit of a mess, but we play in a cavernous stadium that is always good for shaving a half run off our ERA. Most importantly, we have an identity and direction again.

After all the mess that has been going on with the Minaya firing, the Wilpon's financial woes and the Ollie/Castillo saga, it was finally time to get back to business. Reyes and Beltran were starting opening day and it looked like we might be in good shape. And then news of Jason Bay's injury hits. Having Willie Harris start in Left Field is not the end fo the world. I think he can be serviceable - no, Bay's injury is more of a symbolic kick in the pants. I thought maybe we could get through the season relatively injury free, but here we are on Opening Day 2011 and our big 2010 acquisition is again not on the field. Uggggh its frustrating. (but isn't that what being a Mets fan is all about?)

No comments:

Post a Comment