Friday, July 8, 2011

Hawaii Baby

We have been here for less than 12 hours but it is glorious. I was unsure what my internet availability would be like, but while in Waikiki it looks pretty good - kid in bed at 6pm means I get some serious daddy internet and tv time.

Here are the obvious sports things on my mind heading into the weekend...
  1. Can the Sounders go down to Portland and get a win? I was feeling a little afraid after their last meeting, but since John Spencer started to run his mouth at every opportunity, the Timbers have really sucked. We are in great form, but you can never count on anything in rivalry games. One thing I do know - we will either be in shale or electricity as the Timbers will be in green. Here's hoping for a Roger Levesque goal.
  2. Can the Mets keep it up? After taking 3 of 4 from LA, they won the opener against SF guaranteeing a winning record in their mini 7-game West Coast swing. I might be watching Sunday nights game with my maybe sometime future brother-in-law (a Giants fan) so it would be nice to get a win going into the All-Star break.
  3. How long will Reyes be out and can Pagan really fill in for him like I suggested?
  4. How long will this Jeter thing go for? Look, I don't like the guy, but I definitely respect him. He is a damn good player and I'm sad he wasn't in Queens all these years. That being said, I hate having to watch the countdown every day.
  5. Any chance the US women can beat Marta? Man, I don't know - they seem like a team in transition right now. Even if they go down, they better put Alex Morgan on the field...Hope Solo is going to need to be on her best to stop Marta.
  6. Deron Williams going to Turkey. Part of me thinks this is a good idea as it shows that he might be recovered from his wrist injury. Part of me thinks it shows how much he loves the game. But then the other part of me questions if it is a good idea considering his wrist injury and part of me wonders if it is solely about money...I don't know, I just pray whatever happens over there that he stays with the Nets
That's all I got for now. For those reading in Seattle, enjoy the weather!

1 comment:

  1. You are in Hawai'i. Get off the Internet and on the beach.

    -East Coast JWill

    ReplyDelete