Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Wish Lists

For sports fans, this is a great time of year - the NFL playoffs chase is on, the NHL and NBA are finally up and running, College Bowl Week is in full swing and MLB is merely a few weeks away. It has been a rough year for most of my teams, but at this current moment, I am at peace with the sports world. Instead of giving my extensive wish list for the next year, I thought instead I would ask the man in the red suite to bring some of my most lotal friends and readers what they want (or at least what I assume they want)

For my boy J-Will, that the Seahawks finally get some respect around the NFL. He is tired of them being a punching bag.

For my boy Irish Mike, revenge on City. That home loss really hurt.

For my boy D-Lib, more La Liga and Bundesliga and less Series A on Fox Soccer at all hours of the night.

For my boy Walker-Martin, consistent effort from the Devs. He is ok with losing, but he is not ok with a lack of effort. Oh, and he would like a long-term replacement for Brodeur.

For my boy T-Wetz, another Patriot League title for the Bison. I know a championship for the Phillies or Eagles would mean more, but I simply can't wish for that.

For my boy Gorman, having the Syracuse Orange avoid Bucknell in the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament.

For my boy Stebo, a reason to watch Mets games in September (this will probably be the most difficult of all requests)

For The Wife, a chance to have dinner and a drink with Kaery Keller. And one with Zach Scott, too.

For my boy Stollercoaster, that the Bears select the best Michigan player, whoever that may be.

Ok, I can't resist one wish for myself - I wish for a first round win in the MLS Playoffs for the Sounders.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely nailed it for my wish (notice the timestamp on this comment: 2:15 am). Thanks, buddy!
    -Dlib

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or at least more highlights on network tv.
    -West Coast (of Europe) JWill

    ReplyDelete
  3. for the record, I'm not really OK with losing, but I like the thought anyway. thanks, buddy.

    ReplyDelete