Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Favorite NBA Jerseys

In April 2010, one of my first posts on the blog was a list of the ten NBA jerseys I most wanted to have. It was a list not just of my favorite players in the league, but a combo of players I like to watch and jerseys that I just think are cool to look at. Well, since then a lot has happened in the NBA and I thought it was time once again to put out my list of top 10 (make that 11) jerseys I want to own. Let's get to it.

1. Brandon Roy (2010: #1) - This one is simple. Roy will always rank high on my list of favorite players, I love the Blazers road blacks and with his recent retirement, the jersey is suddenly retro.
2. Blake Griffin (NA) - Isn't this everyone's favorite?
3. Jon Brockman (#2) - I love the Brockness Monster and I really like the Bucks uni's a lot better than his old Kings jersey.
4. Deron Williams (NA) - This should be higher since he is the best player on my favorite team, but I just have the feeling he is leaving at the end of the year. Why get the jersey if it will be obsolete in a year.
5. Kevin Love (NA) - I love, love Kevin Love. Something about 20/20 lines just does it for me.
6. Tim Duncan/Manu Ginobili (#4) - I just love the classic look of their home whites. Oh, and I like the players.
7. David Lee (NA) - I really love his occasional 15/15 lines, but really what does it for me is the jersey. I love the logo on the front.
8. Danny Granger (#6) - Alternate yellow's are just ballin.
9. John Wall (NA) - I don't necessarily like the player, but I love the old school Bullets colors that the franchise is once again sporting.
10. Danilo Galinari (NA) - Picking a player was arbitrary, I just really like the powder blues.
11. Kevin Durant (NA) - I know all my Seattle friends will hate me for even suggesting this, but it is a proven fact - this team is super exciting and Durant is a stud.

So who dropped out from a year ago? Well, Brooke Lopez got bumped simply because he is not the same player he once was. I still love Steve Nash, but I grew tired of the Suns jerseys. Gerald Wallace and Andrew Bogut were replaced by other teammates on the list. And I'm waiting for Dwight Howard to get traded first.

Who almost made the cut - Kris Humphries, Kemba Walker, Gerald Wallace, LaMarcus Aldridge, Quincy Pondexter, Isaiah Thomas, Ricky Rubio, Dirk Nowitzki, Nate Robinson, Eric Gordon

2 comments:

  1. How about your top 10 soccer jerseys?
    -Dlib

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, great question. i can certainly try to come up with a list, but know that i will be missing something from the Norwegian 4th League or something..

    here is the problem - i really dislike the Sounders current rave jerseys but refuse to but any other kit above them, so it would have to be non-MLS only. on a side note though i like houston's creamsicle jerseys, vancouver's home whites, montreal's whites and (gulp) portland's green

    do you have a favorite kit?
    right now i'm probably leaning towards aston villa, norwich, hull city, blackpool and from the australia a-league, the defunct north queensland fury

    ReplyDelete