Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Morning Five-Pack

Here is a Friday five pack to quench your sports thirst

1. I know soccer is not perfect. But I would like to reiterate that sports violence is not to soccer. Here is another clip of sports violence in basketball. Please watch and stop hating.

2. Let's talk Sounders for a second. Last night they started the group stage of the Champions League with a 2-1 road loss to Marathon of Honduras. The team struggled most of the night, but they had several chances in the second half and again were unable to get it done. It's not a terrible result given the difficulty of winning in Central America, but I think we all left the game feeling like we gave one away. Next week we host Monterrey. Before last nights match I was hoping that Terry Boss would get a look in goal with Graham, Scott, Fucito and Estrada getting the start. But now it looks like Sigi will need to stick with the starters to get the win before two consecutive away games. [I'm not sure how I feel about Marshall's foul, so Mike I would love to get your thoughts]

3. As previously mentioned, my feelings about the Mets are on a day-to-day roller coaster. After last nights 3-2 loss I am in a huge huge rut. How can you not take 3 of 4 from them? I know most Mets fans think the season is over right now, but I'm still trying to be hopeful. With that being said, if the Mets do not sweep the Pirates over the weekend their season is OVER.

4. Going camping with the in-laws this weekend. I just read that Facebook is adding a new feature where you can broadcast your location to all your friends. All they need is an iPhone and all of a sudden they find you and join you for a drink. Now I'm not here to bash facebook because I know the backlash I will get (it's kind of like Voltron but instead of 5 cats joining forces, it's 2 million bookfacers), but does anyone feel like this is getting out of control? It's bad enough that we are all accessible by phone and email at all hours of the day. But now, you're going to know where everyone is? How quickly before everyone knows when I am in stall #2 of my 5th floor office bathroom. Ridiculous.

5. Rick Reilly hosted Sportscenter the other night. Seriosuly, Rick Reilly. Has anyone ever seen him on camera before? He is terrible. Is Simmons killing him so much in readership that ESPN has decided to move him into another sphere? Hey Rick, bet you're regretting that decision to leave SI.

Be back on Sunday. Next week my thoughts on the '5 letter F-word', Melo to the Knicks and hopefully some MLS talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment