Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Thoughts on the Weather

While the rest of the country continues to swelter with 100 degree weather, we continue to have normal March weather...in July. Seattlites have every right to complain about it - I mean, it's bad enough that we don't see the sun from October to March...but in July too? Come on, seems a bit unfair.

And yet, I don't find myself pissed off about it. I know that I just got home from Hawaii a week ago and have had my fill of sunshine, so maybe I'm not the best person to talk about it, but in general I am perfectly fine with our weather. I mean, it could be worse. We could be experiencing 100 degree weather right now (and with no AC mind you). We could be in the middle of hurricane season. We could be having tornadoes or earthquakes. Come January we could be buried in 5 feet of snow. Yes the weather should be nicer, but I can't help but think it could be a lot worse.

If anything, crappy weather makes days of beautiful weather even more special. Think about how you feel when the sun is shining - if you're like me, you can't even focus on work. I loved being on vacation but by the end of the trip I actually began taking the weather for granted. Then I came back to Seattle and realized what I was missing.

It is 4:33 PM in Seattle right now and the sun is shining into my office. I am excited to go outside and play some soccer in the sun for the next 30 minutes. I will enjoy every moment because I might not see it again until Friday...but no complaints cause it could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment